Atlanta Attorney for Living Wills and Powers of Attorney

Robert M. Goldberg & Associates is here to help you with every aspect of planning for the future — including both the expected and the unexpected events that pave the path to your sunset years. While many people associate conservatorship or guardianship with children, this isn’t the case. Our team is happy to help all individuals explore their options, regardless of their age or situation. Contact us today to request your legal consultation.

What Is a Conservator or Guardian?

A conservator or guardian is defined as a person who is legally responsible for someone who is unable to manage their own assets and affairs. Adults who become incapacitated after an illness, injury, or aging may need a conservator or guardian to make decisions on their behalf. Our Atlanta elder law firm can help you navigate the legal landscape of guardianship and conservatorship, giving you the assurance you need that your best interests or those of your loved one are placed first.

How Do I Appoint a Conservator or Guardian?

When an adult needs a conservator for their finances or a guardian over their person, then proceedings must happen in probate court. At Robert M. Goldberg & Associates, we help you navigate this complicated process, help you fulfill your obligations as a conservator or guardian, or find an alternative to taking on the conservator or guardian role. With more than 20 years of specialized experience, we would be delighted to use our knowledge and expertise to help you reach the best possible outcome.

Are There Alternatives to Guardianship and Conservatorship?

There are alternatives, and we would be happy to help you explore those that may be best suited for your specific situation. For example, our team assists anyone who needs to create an incapacity plan, a Power of Attorney (POA), or Advanced Healthcare Directives as an alternative to conservatorship or guardianship. We also help those who are seeking a conservator or guardian for their loved one.

Need a Guardianship Attorney or Living Will in Atlanta?

We would love to help you. Call us today to learn more about our services, as well as to set up your consultation. We help you move forward in your conservatorship or guardianship situation with confidence.