Enjoy Financial Freedom With the Proper Planning and Long-Term Care Options
When it comes to ensuring that you and your loved ones are well taken care of as you age, you don’t want to leave anything to chance. Working with an experienced elder law attorney can provide you with the insight and planning you need to make sure that your financial security and long-term care options are appropriate for your needs.
Robert M. Goldberg is an elder law attorney in Atlanta with more than 25 years of experience helping individuals prepare and plan for their sunset years and he can do the same for you. Contact our firm today to request your elder law review.
Atlanta Elder Law Attorney
How Can Our Atlanta Elder Care Law Team Help You?
- Get help with Medicaid asset protection planning and application
- Understand the importance of estate planning and creating a will
- Create a durable power of attorney and advance healthcare directives
- Get assistance with VA pension planning and application
- Get help with guardianship and conservatorship
Elder Law Attorney in Atlanta
Robert M. Goldberg & Associates is proud to be your advocate for elder care law in Atlanta and the surrounding Georgia area – helping you plan for you or your parents’ sunset years and the possibility of chronic illness or disability. Our holistic approach focuses on the needs of older adults, which are different and more specialized than those of younger adults. From estate planning services and help making assisted living arrangements to protecting assets from the cost of long-term care, we help our clients transition through their sunset years with confidence. Contact us today to request a review with our experienced Georgia elder law attorney.
Elder Law FAQs
What Is Elder Law?
Elder law is a unique area of legal practice that focuses on issues that pertain primarily to the aging population. A skilled elder law attorney offers a wide variety of legal services that can help you plan for both your known and unknown needs in the future, offering freedom and autonomy through financial planning and exploring long-term care options. In other words, elder care law allows you to plan for your financial and medical needs as you age and our team can help make sure no detail is overlooked.
Why Should I Hire an Elder Law Attorney?
This is a question we receive quite frequently. While there are many DIY programs out there that help you navigate complex legal issues, your financial security and long-term care options are factors that deserve the care and attention of an experienced professional. Hiring an elder law attorney in Georgia to help you plan for the future is beneficial for several reasons.
- Experience. First, a skilled attorney has the experience to assess your unique situation and needs to recommend a care plan that covers all bases. No two situations are the same and you may not need the same type of long-term care as your spouse or your neighbor. An elder law attorney can help you determine the best course of action for your individual needs.
- Knowledge. An attorney can also help you understand your long-term care options. The world of long-term care can be difficult to understand, making it challenging to know which type of care is right for you. Additionally, long-term care is quite expensive. An experienced attorney can help you figure out how you can pay for the care you need without bankrupting yourself.
- Protection. Beyond planning for your long-term care needs, an elder law attorney can help you protect your assets to ensure that you meet all of the requirements to qualify for Medicaid. They can also help you draw up an estate plan that ensures your assets are handled properly and managed legally after your passing.
How Can I Get Long-Term Care for My Loved One?
Whether you are caring for your spouse or your parent, you want what is best for them. However, the cost of care can come as a tremendous shock and it often becomes unaffordable quickly. Our Atlanta elder law attorney can help. We’ll walk you through assessing your situation so that we can help you discover solutions for your unique needs. Whether you have questions about how to find a quality nursing home or coordinating care, we are here to assist. Allow our experienced elder law attorney to help you enjoy peace of mind while arranging care for your loved one.
What Kind of Planning Can I Do in Advance?
The sooner you turn to an elder care law attorney, the easier your planning will be. The Medicaid eligibility rules have gotten stricter in recent years, allowing those who plan ahead to work through these rules with confidence. Planning ahead allows our clients to decide which insurance and care plan will be in their best future interests.
However, in a crisis, we are still here to help. As Georgia elder law attorneys, we will ensure your loved one enters a reputable and caring nursing home while assisting you with a plan for the bills.
Why Is Estate Planning and Creating a Will Important?
No one likes to think about their mortality, and it is certainly not enjoyable to think about how our loved ones will move forward without us after our passing. However, estate planning and creating a will are important tasks to consider to ensure that your loved ones don’t have to worry about financial hardship in the face of grief. Working with an estate planning attorney can help assuage many concerns, including how to:
- Avoid the cost and inconvenience of probate for your spouse and children
- Have confidence that your wishes will be carried out if you are unable to make legal, financial, or health care decisions for yourself
- Make sure your wealth, possessions, and other assets end up in the right hands after your passing
- Create financial security for your care needs without bankrupting yourself
- Provide for disabled children after your passing
- Ensure the legacy you leave behind is the one you desired and intended
Reach Out to Our Atlanta Elder Law Attorney
Don’t see the answer to your question here? If you have additional questions about elder care law as it pertains to your unique needs, don’t hesitate to give us a call and tell us about your situation. From there, we’ll let you know if we believe we can help. With more than 25 years in the industry, the Robert M. Goldberg & Associates team in Georgia has the experience and dedication necessary to ensure you reach the best possible outcome. Get in touch with us now to get started — we look forward to hearing from you.